Monday 9 June 2014

An Ode To My Maker...


Whispers of Love, Vibes of affection
How can I explain, your undeserved attention
You placed me far above angels, above all creations
I’m the apple of your eyes, you have my name tattooed on your palm

Love so pure, love so unconditional
Love beyond human understanding
Love that doesn’t seek anything in return
Love that has made provision for forgiveness even before I err.

I asked my lover, how do I repay you
He said, you couldn't and you still cannot pay
That’s why I sent you my only beloved son
He lived just to die, and in dying he paid the price
Now with him you have risen
So if you want to pay me, just believe in me

Believe in my love, Believe in my son
Believe in my commandment, keep my word
When you err, do not be afraid
Remember I have already paid the price
Just ask for forgiveness and repent
My grace and mercy will always abound.

I’ve not fully discovered the depth of his love for me
But I bask in its warmth
Knowing fully well that I’m always accepted
Always loved, always cherished, always adored
Even when my beauty fades and I’m worth nothing anymore
My lover still has great love for me!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! so many times, we seek love in the wrong place

    ReplyDelete