Tuesday 23 August 2016

Payback Isn't Your Bill!



Take a minute, relax and imagine...What will you do if you had the opportunity to pay back that person that hurt you so bad? Like literally...you can do anything to the person and go scot free!
What is the first thing that comes to mind? I'm sure 99% of those thoughts are illegal, ranging from murder, battery and assault, to cutting them in pieces and shipping the mutilated parts to their ancestors or maybe you are the subtle type that wouldn't want them to die but the life they are living ehn...they would wish death upon themselves.

 
Don’t worry, you are not evil (or maybe you are?) it’s just the default setting of the human nature
If we be honest with one another, it’s very hard to pass on the opportunity of hurting those that hurt us right back. Only a very small percentage of the world's population will say, “You know what? I leave you to God”. But trust me, that minority group would be called fools by their friends and family. If anyone should hurt any of my brothers so bad and he comes home to tell me "I could have beat him oh, but I leave him to God". Truthfully my first reaction will be, "I am not understanding" (just because only Idris Elba and his co-actors' English in the movie Beast of No Nation will best describe my confusion) before I then realize I’m supposed to practice what I preach.
I recall a day someone acted really rude to me and I thought to myself, I could actually slap this girl here with her small body. I am very sure I can conveniently beat her up and use this her running mouth to clean my shoes, LOL. But amidst all of that, I realized that's probably what she expects me to do. Either to start exchanging words or blows, so instead I walked away. Yes, I couldn’t believe myself either, but I just walked away and though my two personalities were fighting with each other (where my crazy self was insulting my born again self) I knew I did the right thing and disarmed the other party. In the end, I felt really proud of myself.
So maybe, just maybe, when the opportunity for you to hurt that one person presents itself, I hope you find the courage and humility to do the exact opposite of what your flesh expects you to do. Karma is still in business and she still takes her job a bit too seriously, so why not let her do the dirty work for you?! Let her foot your payback bill!
I’m yet to hear of a police officer that arrested Karma…Or have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment