Friday 22 July 2016

Oh My Essence...

His voice and his face seem familiar
He must be familiar enough for mum to leave me out here with him
His kisses aren’t the regular
I get a lot from visitors coming in
But why does this feel intense and impure
I have a strong feeling I don’t want to be here anymore
…More kisses, More strokes, More tension
I’m so sure right now this isn’t right
I’m screaming as loud as I can now, shouting save me!!!
Somebody save me from this impending danger
But all the neighbours can hear is a baby’s banter
…In he goes, and out with my purity
I can now feel the warmth of my blood trickling down
Can he not see the blood? Can he not feel the warmth of my purity?
I’m sure for him its nothing but hot coffee for his cold soul
I heard mummy tell daddy in excitement that I am 9 months today
It’s supposed to symbolize the time of life
But how ironic it is that mine has just been snatched away from me
Oh my essence! My innocence!! My purity!!!
*******************************************************************
 
Tila is a good friend, I think to myself as I walk back home
I’m lost in thoughts, thinking of how close we’ve become
I take a return trip from my fantasy land and suddenly realize
This huge guy has been following me all the way!
I must be tripping cos there’s no way he’ll hurt me on a bright shinny day
One, two, three…I begin to count my increased pace
He must have been counting with me cos he grabbed me at exactly the tenth step
…Now what was I counting again? The steps or the thrusts?
…Now it don’t matter cos this unfamiliar face has just defiled me
I made Mama a promise to save me for marriage
But now, that’s all nothing but a mirage
One, two, three, now I’m counting my last breath.
*******************************************************************************
Love, Protection, Trust…nothing but all promises broken
How could a man she loved so much leave her so broken
Piece by piece, she’s picking up her heart from the floor
She’s picking and he’s hitting!
She thinks it must have been something she said
Because they were all smiles just a few seconds ago
Now she hears the sound of his zippers
Swiftly followed by the painful strike of his belt
This particular strike hurt so badly
Maybe because it landed on her spine
The spine is better broken anyway,
I never used it, she says
She should have had the spine to walk out of this charade a long time ago
It won’t happen again he says
Most definitely it won’t!
She gets up, dusts herself up and walks out with what’s left of her spine and broken heart
She’s done, she’s free and she’s never turning back
Her dear Jesus didn’t die for her to in turn die for any man
Out here she can breathe in the freshest of air
She soon realizes that the only thing that tied her down was fear
*******************************************************************************
This one is dedicated to all the voiceless women out there who have/are still experiencing one form of assault or the other.
Domestic Violence, Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse are as real as their effects. Speak out against the fear and the shame. It’s never your fault!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment